Oooh, spooky! :)
My entry to the 3-Color Jam (#3CJam), where you had to create a "spooky" game that used no more than 3 colours (and yes, Black is a colour!). It is an attempt to make a short adventure game, based heavily on the movie "Halloween" by John Carpenter.
For best results: turn the lights down and the sound up! :D
- Mouse is recommended
- (Arrows / Z / X - will also work)
Point & Click Primer:
- If never played a "Point+Click" adventure game before...
- Simply use the cursor and (left) click where you want the player to Walk To.
- To interact with objects, click on the Verb you wish to perform, then click on the object.
- For example, to Pick-up the Knife... simply click "PICK-UP" and then click on the "Knife" object in the scene.
- When hovering the cursor over objects, their default verb/action (if applicable) will be highlighted. In this case, you can simply Right-click on the object for the default verb/action to be performed.
- Code, Art & Music (cover): Paul Nicholas (@Liquidream)
- Additional design by Hilda Nicholas.
- Original "Halloween" Music, Concept & Credit: John Carpenter
- FIX: Issues with wardrobe doors
- FIX: Replaying intro when re-entering first room
- FIX: Display issue if user clicks after ending
- CHG: Now only offers hint once you've looked at a certain object.
- v1.0: Initial version
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Bugfixes and BINARIES! :D17 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Here's the video of this awesome game
OMG dude, this is awesome!
Without a doubt, the best (and funniest) videos anyone's ever made of one of my games.
Thank you for taking the time to put this together - you just made my day! :D
A SAVAGE DUDE ;o)
Fun, easy, and builds a bit of atmosphere. A nice and simple game for halloween. I enjoyed it quite a bit, I gotta say!
Heh, cool spooky stuff! Nice twist at the end.
I did a video on it but Its a Halloween special and I'm still recording Horror games
This game was creepy
This was the spookiest game ! VERY well done :)
Woah, the intro is amazing! I love the music and effects! The game looks and feels amazing! How did you implement those lower case letters? Using sprites?