Another World: SURVIVAL
My entry to the #LOWREZJAM and made with #Pico8, using a display of only 64x32 pixels and only 16 colours, is a new spin on an old classic!
(More was planned - such as music, sfx and an intro anim, but ran out of time!)
- Arrows = Move player left/right/crouch
- Z = Kick
- X = Fire laser - when you get the gun at Level 3
- (Hold for a few seconds and release to create a defence shield)
- (Hold for longer to release a BLAST to destroy enemy shields)
- Endless number of levels*
- Several classes of enemies to survive from:
- Water tentacles: Don't linger too long next to the pool!
- Worms: If they sting you, it's game over!
- Soldiers: They will use all their skills to defeat you!
- Code, Art & Animation: @Liquidream
- (Obviously totally in homage to the original Another World, created by the ridiculously talented Eric Chahi)
- Many thanks to @Enargy for his "Vaca" Vector animation engine for PICO-8
- ADD: "Elevator door" (kinda) transition at start of Titles
- FIX: Double-play of "gun pickup" cutscene
- v1.0: Initial version
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.